Since my last post in May, my wife and I had baby No. 3, my schedule has changed a bit at work, I've gotten very little sleep, it's summer and the other kids don't want to go to bed ... so yeah, I've had no time to blog.Read More
Filtering by Category: Running Because
It's been more than a year since I had a numbered post - for a refresher for anyone who's coming across this blog, it's simply the number of posts I've written since I started blogging April 2017, and is what I use for a title when I have a bulleted list of random thoughts.
- And that reminds me... yup, I missed my "blogiversary." There was a time - when I wrote about 10 times a month (sometimes more) - that celebrating my blog was HUGE. Right now, I'm lucky to blog once or twice a month. But keeping this going under a variety of names and domains for 11 years is still special enough to mention.
- A little more than a month after my first race in 2 years, I really don't have a desire to race again for a little while. I certainly won't go two years again, but my running just isn't where it needs to be to even enjoy a race.
- I ran at the track a couple of weeks ago so I can at least get this idea of racing and speed back into my mind. It was ... interesting. I was consistent, a little faster than I thought I'd be, but I didn't like it.
- I fell on a very flat trail after a root jumped up and hit my foot. That was nearly 2 weeks ago and I still have scabs. It really threw off my running for this month and set me back much more than I expected. But I march forward anyway.
- My biggest problem right now is eating and some weight gain, pretty much negating anything that I started the year with ... I just don't even know why I continue to have this issue. I know what to do, but when running isn't a high priority for me, I slip up. Often.
- In the next few weeks, I'll have baby no. 3 here and I'll then be 40. Life's on fast-forward and running isn't all that important. It will be again, but for now I'm going to be in maintenance mode.
From March 20, 2016, until April 21, I've had at least five Did Not Start statuses. A few races, thankfully, were part of being an ambassador or blogger, and I didn't lose a terrible amount of money.Read More
Now it's time to put it behind me and move forward. I have my first race since March 2016 in less than 3 weeks!Read More
February was, in one simple word, successful. I ran more than in January and I continued lifting weights 2-3 times a week.Read More