10 Surf 'n' Santa 10 Miler headlines
You are not going to hear me complain about being just a couple of minutes off my 10-mile PR after running in some horribly windy, cold and rainy conditions at Saturday's Surf 'n' Santa 10 Miler. I'm pretty thrilled at how well things went in the weather. There's nothing really to talk about, so I thought of 10 headlines for a recap that I'll never write. I don't really know what else to say besides it was rainy, windy and colder than forecast.
In no particular order, here you go:
- Worst weather ever
- I would have PR'd if it was sunny
- Running with one eye open
- The PR streak ends
- Live and learn. There's always next year
- The day I started wanting to train for PRs again
- The racing season that wasn't
- Too exhausted for beer
- 10 miles of rain, wind, cold and almost tears
- Headwind hell
Read into those and you'll figure out that this was a crazy, crazy day at Virginia Beach. I don't know if I'll come back to this race and try to redeem myself or if it was a one-and-done experience, but I definitely had a great time.