11 things: Anniversary edition
1. Our son is far and away the best result of "us." As he nears 3 years old, of course we get the questions about having another one. Just let it be people. Let it be.
2. We honeymooned in the Poconos (here to be specific) and went back a few years later for our anniversary. I'm thinking in a few years for the 10th anniversary that it would be fitting to go back.
3. For last year's anniversary, we went to see "Toy Story 3."
4. We've seen the Dave Matthews Band in Hershey, Pa.; Virginia Beach; Bristow, Va., just outside of D.C.; and Charlottesville, Va.
5. While most of our vacation days are used to travel to visit my wife's family in Ohio, we did travel to New England in fall 2006 to see friends in Massachusetts, ventured into Vermont for a couple of hours, and stayed the night in Mystic, Conn. It's a very beautiful part of the country if you've never been.
6. We've eaten at Mexican restaurants 1,298 times. Or maybe 150. Somewhere in between.
7. We got Duke a little more than a year after our first anniversary. He's been a great dog to us and pretty much took a combination of our personalities.
8. We've taken photos like this:
9. We've somehow managed to live in three different cities.
10. We wanted to have a fairly non-traditional song for our first dance. We chose Elton John's "Your Song."
11. My wife isn't a runner, but in 2006 she ran her one and only race: the Academy Mile in Lynchburg. I thought she'd get the hook, but never did. However, she's the best supporter I have come race day and for that I am grateful.