11 things, birthday edition
My birthday is coming up in less than 2 weeks, so I thought I’d take this month’s installment of 11 things to give you a list of things you can buy me for my birthday. 1. Lottery tickets. I love scratch-off tickets and haven’t had any since Christmas.
2. Magic Hat #9. To me, it’s the best beer out there. I haven’t had any of that in a while either.
3. A new or slightly used Honda Accord. I can’t afford one, so just buy me one. It’s that simple.
4. A vacation to Colorado. I hear it’s nice out there all the time. I need summer relief already.
5. Shorts. I haven’t bought a new pair of shorts in a few years. My wife thinks it’s funny how old some of my clothes are; I think it’s testament to how I’ve stayed the same size for a long time. Either way, I could seriously use a couple of new pairs of shorts.
6. Camping gear. I haven’t been in the woods in a long time and sometime in the next year I’d like to take my son camping. New sleeping bags would be nice.
7. Trail shoes. That would be a bonus with camping gear.
8. Injinji socks. I love them for running, but I’d like more for regular everyday use. I’m trying to keep 11 things non-running related, so if I wear them every day when I don’t run, it makes it non-running related, right?
9. Japanese dinner. I love Japanese food and I’m starting to wonder why it’s been so long since I’ve had any.
10. Good pizza. I guess typing Japanese food made me hungry. Now I want a good pizza.
11. A donation to the charity of your choice. My recent posts about Relay for Life are making me passionate about doing the right thing and helping others. While most of these other things are just jokes, take $5 and donate it to cause that benefits other people. You’ll feel better because of it.
- Check out my previous “11 things” posts HERE.