Rainy run: 1 goal down, 25 to go
Every time I run, I think of different goals I should've set along the way in my comeback trail, but every time I look at what I've laid out, I'm content with what I've put out there.
Right now, running is as simple as it gets -- I just want to get through this month not injured and run 3 times a week, plus lots of cross training. My time and mileage is mostly unimportant.
I'm happy to report that one item on my list is now complete, and it's probably the easiest of them all: running in the rain. I almost went to the gym yesterday, but a short run in the rain just sounded better. It was simple, yet fun and satisfying.
So there's one goal down, 25 to go ...
- Run 3 miles non stop (I did do this a couple of weeks ago, but realized it was a little bit too much too soon, so I'm not crossing it off)
- Run 3 miles at a pace under 10 minutes a mile
- Run 4 miles nonstop
- Run for an hour nonstop
- Run a 5k race under an 8-minute mile pace
- Run a 10k at under an 8-minute mile pace
- Run a half marathon
- Run hill repeats
- DONE - OCT 8: Run in the rain again
- Run on a trail that's new to me (or one I haven't run in a year+)
- Sign up/run in a race that's new to me
- Do a track workout
- Do a progressive run
- Ride my bike 100 miles in a month
- Go a month without potato chips
- Eat a salad every day at work for 2 straight weeks
- Lose 5 pounds
- Lose 10 pounds
- Lose 15 pounds
- Lift weights twice a week for 4 straight weeks
- Hold a plank for 2 minutes straight
- Hold a plank for 3 minutes
- Do 25 consecutive push-ups
- Do 50 consecutive push-ups
- Blog about my progress at least once a week for 4 straight weeks
- Run a marathon