Crossing off 2 more goals
I'm not sure where October went, but I did manage to cross off a couple of more goals since my last update, including running 3 and 4 miles non stop.
Getting to 4 miles was a little unexpected, but I was feeling good on my run on Sunday and decided to push it to 4. I'm eager to start working a little harder on some of these goals this month and end this year strong.
Here's an update on where things stand, along with a few thoughts on some other goals:
- DONE - OCT. 23: Run 3 miles non stop
- Run 3 miles at a pace under 10 minutes a mile
- This really shouldn't be an issue and should be able to easily be marked as "done" this month.
- DONE - OCT. 30: Run 4 miles nonstop
- Run for an hour nonstop
- I think I'm about 4-5 weeks from this one being knocked off.
- Run a 5k race under an 8-minute mile pace
- Run a 10k at under an 8-minute mile pace
- Run a half marathon
- Run hill repeats
- DONE - OCT 8: Run in the rain again
- Run on a trail that's new to me (or one I haven't run in a year+)
- This, technically, is "done," but I'm not ready to cross it off the list since that run was disasterous.
- Sign up/run in a race that's new to me
- Do a track workout
- Do a progressive run
- Ride my bike 100 miles in a month
- I'm rethinking this goal; it make since in September when I was heavily focused on riding my bike, but as I head toward winter, it doesn't make as much sense.
- Go a month without potato chips
- My chip-free streak started Oct. 24.
- Eat a salad every day at work for 2 straight weeks
- Lose 5 pounds
- I did my first official weigh in today
- Lose 10 pounds
- Lose 15 pounds
- Lift weights twice a week for 4 straight weeks
- Hold a plank for 2 minutes straight
- Hold a plank for 3 minutes
- Do 25 consecutive push-ups
- Do 50 consecutive push-ups
- Blog about my progress at least once a week for 4 straight weeks
- Run a marathon