Power of 3: January goals
I hate this feeling of getting something started and not documenting it very well, but that's unfortunately been the case for a while ... and is just how 2017 has started. It doesn't mean, though, that things are failing.
One of these days I will write more -- it's one of my goals on the way to my next marathon, and perhaps I need to make it a goal in February or March.
Now that January is more than half over, I'm finding myself at home sick with some time to FINALLY write about my goals for this month.
As I mentioned earlier this month, I want to have three goals for the month with running/fitness, as well as three goals at home. With running, my goals this month are:
- Run 90 miles. With getting sick this week, this goal may fall a bit short, but setting this goal has pushed me to get out the door when I otherwise might not have done anything. Realistically, it's looking like I'll run about 85 miles this month. I'm not totally giving up on hitting 90 though.
- 25 consecutive push-ups. I did 20 the other day on a max set, but then struggled a few days later. That said, I'm really glad to be doing push-ups again
- Lift weights 6 times. Why 6? It's an average of more than once a week. I'm halfway there now.
At home, my three goals are very simple -- it's all about starting the year off cleaning up and getting organized, and carrying that theme into February and March.
- Clean-up/pack away Christmas decorations. This is mostly done as of Monday.
- Sort through closets. See photo below.
- Create dinner menus weekly. We do this on and off, so this goal is a recommitment to focus on our nightly family meals so we're better equipped when grocery shopping.