A solid start to 2012
It seems a bit surreal the first quarter of 2012 is already over. While I have uncharacteristically battled some mental issues, I've had a great start to the year. Here are some very quick highlights:
- Completing, and ending, the Runner's World Holiday Run Streak
- A bloody trail race
- Signing up for, and then changing my mind about the Cleveland Marathon
- A PR in the Shamrock Half Marathon
- Riding my bike for the first time in several years, something I haven't really detailed yet
- Running on the track today for the first time in nearly 5 years, something I'll talk about soon
- Running 270.8 miles, the most in the first quarter by nearly 20 miles
- And when not looking at a traditional calendar year, I have run nearly 1,150 miles in the past 12 months.
As for what's ahead, I have some surprises in April. Much more on all that soon.