January 2014: By the Numbers
This month I just wanted to get things "right." I didn't want to get through the end of the first month of the year wishing I had done more. Getting consistency back with EVERYTHING I do was what was important.
- 80 running miles. First time hitting 80 since April. I think this is my second highest January ever.
- 4.7 pounds lost. That's mostly weight from the final part of 2013, but with portion control and a lot more greenery in my diet, I feel tremendously better.
- 20.8 miles biked at the gym. One day that I had planned for a 4-5 mile run turned into a little more than 10 on the bike, giving about half this total and preventing me from my highest January mileage ever. I'll take the combo of 100+ miles though.
- 0 miles on the treadmill. I thought for sure I'd have something, but I sucked it up and ran outside every time.
- 4 layers on top for a run last week. It's amazing how warm thin layers are.
- 2 runs while it was snowing; several more just after it snowed.