I didn't fall off a cliff. I didn't stop running. My computer didn't get stolen. I've just been following one simple blogging rule I have -- if I don't have anything to say, I don't write. Not that I really have much to say right now, but I have enough thoughts for a bullet-point post combining life and running thoughts.
- Having "Nothing to train for" remains liberating. I'm looking to see what will fit in my schedule this summer and I know a few things will pop up, but I'm continuing to enjoy not having a major race to think about for a few months.
- I've had 4 consistent months of running miles in the low 80s and two months of biking with miles in the low 20s. It's a nice base to set heading into summer and should make training for the Richmond Half in the fall completely different. I'm not ruling something else popping up, but that's where my mind is right now.
- I have a new full-time job. I actually had planned to start today, but my allergies have been so bad this week that I decided to hold off until tomorrow. I ended up taking a 2-hour nap this morning.
- Speaking of jobs, I appreciate all the support in these past two months. I didn't freak out about it, which led to me enjoying more family time and soaking in the small moments with my son. I think my new position will allow me the opportunity to continue to put family first.
- I'm moving. Again. Just a mile down the road, but to a house that has much more room and will make it much easier with our new addition in September.
- I realized after my last post that I failed to mentioned that we're having another boy. This whole thing with just boys started nearly 8 years ago when we first got Duke.