There's part of me that feels a bit weird sharing less about running this year after I've shared so much on this blog for 7 years. I offer no apologies for it, nor should I offer up any reasons. With two kids, a promotion, #RunChat and other normal life things, writing about running isn't a high priority. That also means that things are going fairly well too.
Aside from a monthly roundup, I doubt I write more than just a few times a month this summer.
All that said, here's a quick update:
- I'm doing the Runner's World Run Streak that started Memorial Day and "ends" July 4. It's kind of nice to get some redemption on the holiday streak that I was forced to end after an illness.
- I still want a 5K PR on July 4. I'm doing more speedwork; I can get to below that 5K PR pace on intervals; all I can do is go for it and see what happens. I do have a backup race a few weeks later in mind.
- I miss winter.
- There's no question that I'm fan of Altra's shoes, but I've struggled a bit with the Torin 1.5. The original shoe, however, fits me well and I'm making sure those will be my main shoe for the rest of the year.
- I never did a recap of the problems with the 8K I did last month, but I wrote the race director and got a canned response. At least he responded, but I won't be going back to that race.
- I still don't have an "A" fall race. I don't know what I want to do. I try to care, but I can't. Not yet. Right now I'm just focused on July. What happens in the 5K will be a part of those decisions.
That's really about it. Now excuse me while I try to get to bed at a decent hour ...