Back in June, I wrote "It's safe to say that the first six months of 2010 has been the best stretch of running for me since I started this journey back in 2004." Well, these past three months have been even better.
Here are some highlights of the latest quarter in running:
- 6:15 mile race, my fastest mile since high school.
- Three straight months of 100-plus miles each month. It's the first time I've done that since August-October 2007.
- 124.7 miles in September is my second highest mileage month EVER.
- Finishing a half marathon with my son.
- My daily average on June 30 was 2.82, on pace for 1,028.5 miles for the year; as of today my daily average is 3.06, on pace for 1,117.2 miles.
- I ran the Virginia 10 Miler, my fourth double-digit race this year.
- I've ran distances I haven't seen in 3 years. My double digit runs since July have been: 10, 11, 12, 12.4, 13.8, 14, 16, 12.2, 18 and 10.9.
- After very bad eating over the July 4th weekend, my weight was 187.6 the week of July 11; this week it's 183.2. That's 14 pounds lost for the year and just a few pounds away from my "wedding weight." Overall I'm down 36.8 pounds from my all-time high at the beginning of 2004.
As I look ahead to the final quarter of the year, my goals are simple: the Richmond Marathon in less than 4 hours (43 days to go) and hitting 1,000 running miles for the year ("only" 164.4 to go).